CLEAN IT UP: Tips to Maintain Your Showstopper Clothing!
Purchasing clothes is one thing, but ensuring their upkeep is another matter altogether! We take pleasure in adorning fashionable garments and cherishing them as timeless memories that grow in value over time.
Interestingly, each tailored fabric in our closet demands distinct care. This remains true for preserving the exceptional quality of your beloved dress, it's crafted from materials like Chiffon, Georgette, Crepe, Satin, Duck Voil, Papaya Twill, Banana Crepe, Heavy Lycra Crepe, and others.
While dry cleaning is often the recommended method for clothing care, with the right methods, you can easily have your clothes carefully cleaned at home too. Therefore, Here are a few essential tips to assist you in this endeavour:
- Chiffon: Chiffon is a high quality fabric which is used to make pieces to drape perfectly around the body. To maintain its longevity, using mild detergent and drying it without clips is the right way to go!, prevent it from coming under direct contact of heat as it can ruin this delicate fabric. Steam iron after drying it, while making your clothing fresh as new!
- Georgette: Dip your georgette fabric into cold water mixed with mild detergent “and you will thank us for the results”. Doing this prevents the cloth from stretching and wrinkling, thus preserving its touch. Laying the cloth flat can help it dry faster and look cleaner!
- Crepe: Crepe is a master fabric made out of various methods with varying fabrics. Heavy Lycra crepe, Banana Crepe, Amazon Crepe, Stella Crepe and more are a few types of crepe used to tailor various garments. Crepe being a very high maintenance and heavy quality cloth, requires much more of your attention. Most of your clothing pieces made out of crepe fabric are required to be dry cleaned as it tends to shrink and its quality deteriorates.
- Papaya Twill: Another attention seeking fabric is papaya twill, made completely out of cotton, it is high in quality and also solely requires to be dry cleaned.
- Duck Voil: Despite the need for extensive care, delicate garments can still be washed in cold water using a gentle detergent. Air drying this fabric helps in maintaining its durability and freshness. Ironing it at low temperature and preventing a large amount of heat on it, will prevent the cloth from loosening thus keeping the fabric intact.
By incorporating these tips, your beloved fashion statement making pieces will retain their essence and ensure that you are able to shine as the star of any event or outing while maintaining a long lasting, forever chic closet while helping you be environmentally responsible.